Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart.

Woke up in a panic.  Awoke my laptop from sleep mode and saw that it was 8:47.  Didn't know or remember how I fell asleep.  It wasn't too late to make it.  Got up and felt light headed and emaciated.  Didn't have time to eat.  Might buy a slice of pizza on the way there.  Get up, stumble around in dizziness and manage to button up a shirt.  Walk out of the house.  See a guy and girl walking in front of me and can't tell if she has matching tattoos on both of her legs or if they are just tacky 'leggings.'  Caught up to them at the intersection, they were just tacky 'leggings.'  Went down the other street to Pizza Gigi's to buy a slice.  Looked at slices, felt disgusted and left.  Continued on my way to Sonic Boom.  Went inside to a very packed basement.  Tried to weasel my way up.  Got to a somewhat decent spot.  Looked around to see if I knew anyone.  Didn't see anyone.  Stood around for a while, the band was delayed.  Felt hungry, sick and a bit dizzy.  The band finally started, filling the basement with their unoriginal and rehashed blend of catchy shoegaze.  Thought to myself, there are a lot of asians here.

1 comment: